Tuesday, December 22, 2015

I was reading the MSU student paper one afternoon, and an advertisement in the paper caught my eye. One of the fraternities at MSU needed MSU female students to model for a calendar they were going to have printed and sent out to fraternity members and alumni. So that will be a nice gift for the alumni. Even though the auditions were scheduled for a date close to the beginning of finals week, I decided to give it the old college try.
Now, the next question was, what should I wear? Wasn't sure what kind of calendar this was going to be, so I had to use a little math, and putting two and two together, I thought what would a bunch of fraternity guys like to see? I had received a whole boat load of stuff for Chanukah and looking through my treasure trove of gifts, I picked out these:

Had an earlier post concerning these Bebies. The next step was the rest of the outfit, it was a complete no brainer and here's how I looked, walking through one of MSU's fine culinary establishments:
I think this was around 3ish so the cafeteria was empty because of the time, school wasn't quite deserted yet. I'm wearing high waisted jeans with button details, a bleached slim fit denim jacket, lace crop blouse, knockoff Deborah Minkoff bag, brown PU gloves, blue sunglasses, a funky baseball cap that appeared in an earlier post, and of course my "bebeis."
The frat was holding the auditions in Emmons hall, and when I got there, it looked like they were going to be short on models since there are twelve months in the year and only eight or nine of us girls trying out. Eventually it was my turn. The frat guys had informed us that there might be some nudity in the calendar so they wanted a look at almost everything we had. So that's the explanation for the next photo:
I wasn't sure if this was going to be a good idea or not, and I had to keep telling myself that it was for a good cause and it could be a way to get my foot in the door.
After strutting my stuff, one of the frat members interviewed the other candidates and myself in his dorm room. This guy is still a freshman so he must have some big connections in the frat. The upshot of the whole thing is that the frat guys liked me and I got the job. I'm going to be Ms. April. Yay! Maybe not the best month, but I am being paid - $50 - and as an extra bonus I received a voucher for plane fare and accommodations for the frat's spring break celebrations in Florida, plus, I am automatically enrolled in the frat's wet t-shirt contest. Very excited, because I've never been to Florida or participated in a spring break outside of Michigan. Not sure about the wet t-shirt contest, though, the $500 first place prize would come in handy. 
As a postscript, the photo shoots for the calendar have concluded and I'm just waiting for my copy or or to get copies of the photos. As soon as I receive either, I'll post them right away, here, at Naomi's Fashionable World.
I've been more active on Polyvore lately since finals are over, so don't forget to like my contest sets, please? Thank you.
Catchya later.
Ciao.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment