Saturday, July 11, 2015

60's Boho but I'm in Detroit

60's Boho but I'm in Detroit



Baby doll dress / High heel boots / Madewell brown purse / Bling Jewelry opal pendant / Melissa Joy Manning rose gold earrings, $540 / Floppy hat / Lips makeup / Eylure nail treatment, $13 / Small appliance / Go Jump in the Lake wall art


I had a very busy week. I worked up this outfit on Polyvore to see what it would look like and posted it last week, but didn't get a chance to comment on it.
The division of the advertising firm I work for had a 4th of July party last Thursday. The office was closed on Friday even though the 4th was on Saturday. I decided to try and make a big splash at the party and this is the outfit I picked out:
Starting at the top, the hat is from Amazon, very inexpensive but of decent quality. Instead of my usual crucifix earrings, I picked out a pair of gigundo hoops, very bling. And of course I had my usual star of David necklace. I'm not trying to make religious statement or offend anyone in any way, it's just to remind me of where I come from. Besides they look nice.
For my face I picked out a nice, dark, shiny red shade of Charlotte Tilbury and matched it with dark eyes with an abundance of eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara, a little rouge and that's about it. To go along with, bright, long, red nails.
The dress? It's Alice McCall, a wonderful designer, and it's so nice to see woman in the fashion business.
 
Here I am showing off these fabulous Morenita  Karla Malathon boots, courtesy of YR. Karla Malathon is a genius, she has taken a style we have all come to know and love and she has adapted it to her own. I bought them on Ebay for a spectacular price. The key I've found when bidding on Ebay, is to wait. See how the bids are going. When you find what you like at a low price, jump in at the last minute, but don't set you automatic price to high. Those automatic bids can kill a whole deal.
I'm not sure about the bag, though. I was hoping for something, well, a little more color coordinated, but in the end I think the light brown leather of this bag is perfect.
 
A final shot, where you can get a good look at those boots and the dress. Don't they look spectacular? Both Karla and Alice did a wonderful job, and it really works for me! I could see myself wearing this outfit to a sit in during the 60's or an outdoor music festival, or even a women's right march, though I don't know about those heels, they're just wee bit too high for marching around in.
Well, hope you enjoyed this presentation, and if you liked it, here's a tip: more good stuff is on the way. Don't forget to vote for me on Polyvore! Please, please, please I need your votes!
Hope your 4th was as good as mine.
Catchya later.
Ciao
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment