Wednesday, June 24, 2015

This past Sunday was Father's Day. My parents divorced more than two years ago. The last time I saw my father was almost a year ago. As part of the family court settlement on custody, my father has restrictions to seeing me. Often I feel I am to blame for my parent's divorce. This last Sunday I felt so sad that I couldn't reach out and tell my father how much I loved him. 
Imagine my surprise when I received a large package on Tuesday with a return address from my Father. My mother's interest was piqued, but since I hadn't seen dad in over a year, I asked her to give me some space. Hurriedly I opened the package. Dad had sent me not one but - wait for it -
two pairs of beautiful Yarose Shulzhenko boots!
 One pair in delicious chocolate brown python, and the other in an equally exotic lighter colored python.  These gorgeous babies cost over $1000 a piece! And here, on Dad's day, a day when I should have sent him a gift, he sends me such a beautiful, thoughtful present. I read his included note with it's kind words and I feel that he knows I am a mature woman and not his little girl anymore.
The only thing I can say, Dad, is if you read this I love your gift but I wish more than anything you were right here, you will always have a place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment