Saturday, April 16, 2016

"If you give me $100, I'll show you my dorm room..." The Father's and his son's jaws dropped to the floor. Of course I'd show it to them for free. They smiled and we had a good laugh. One of the things I've been doing to earn extra bread, is to work out of the MSU Office of Admissions as a tour guide. Writing about my job gives me a chance to show off how a college junior usually dresses.

Here's one of my looks:

 This photo is from last Fall. I'm not sure how I'd describe it, boho maybe? It's a bit of a mishmash: resort wear hat, Donna Karan neck scarf, cropped jacket, crop top, belt, striped skinny pants, and thigh high platform Casadei boots. I bought the boots from Aliexpress for, I think it was only $30, an outstanding deal given the price they go for usually. I love the jacket and top, and although the pants are great, I'm not sure what to wear them with. By the way, the building in the background is Beaumont tower, not an intrinsic part of the educational process, but it gives an old school feel to the tour.
 For our next stop, I'm wearing something that makes up my usual school day attire:
 A snuggly fleece lined, PU bomber jacket, t-shirt, platform clogs, and trumpet jeans, or extreme bell bottoms, or Kung Fu jeans, or Kung Fu restaurant jeans. The later two monikers I concocted because outside of Naomi's little world, the only people you'll see wearing them are actors in Kung Fu movies. So here's another peek at those clogs:
Yep, those are ginourmous heels, which you need with ginourmous bells on trumpet jeans. Once you get used to them they're just a teensy bit difficult to walk in, not too much. No problem for a pro tour guide like myself.

And speaking of professionalism, even some one like me can get lost on her own campus. Luckily, there's an app for that:

 
 Sorry no casetify for me.
One of MSU's attractions that draws the most interest is here, this place:
 Spartan Stadium. It's one of the biggest sports stadiums in the world. Other than that, there's little for most academic candidates to have interest in; sure, I've toured some prospective athletes, yet for most students, Spartan Stadium is realm unto its own. It's not even located on campus. Yet everyone wants to give it a look see. Because of all of the War on Terror paranoia, I have some trouble getting my tourists inside. Though I have my ways: a killer demand from a woman who isn’t afraid to go against the grain can't be ignored. A quick annotation: in an earlier post I think I made a teensy booboo when I declared that Spartan Stadium is bigger than even Ford Stadium or Field where the Tigers play. Not sure if the Tigers play at Cormica Field - if that's what it's called (not sure about that either) - or Ford Field, or the Lions play at one of them or the other, sorry, after all this ain't no sports blog.

The look I'm sporting here, is something I call slob style: it's a little grungy, sort of boho, 100% casual. Again, like the previous photo, a fleece lined, PU bomber jacket - this one's slightly different , t-shirt, trumpet jeans - almost the same as the one's in the previous snapshot except for different detailing around the waist, and humungous platform sandals, check these babies out:

Oh, and the t-shirt I'm wearing? I did not pay $300 for it. It's my new boyfriend Steve's. He didn't buy it at a concert either mind you, that tour was a little before our time. He got it at a thrift shop for $2! I tell him, "Steve, go on Ebay and try to sell it, you could get $300." Naah, he'd rather wear it himself or see me wearing it, how sweet.
Well, that concludes Naomi's tour of MSU, hope you learned something, but now it's time for everyone to get off the bus. Feel free to check out some of my other posts too, on your way out.

Catchya later.

Ciao.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment