Friday, November 13, 2015

You're probably here because you followed the link from the Google+ post I put up today. If you're here for some other reason, to get you up to speed, this post is about how so many shoes look so much alike. 
I was pinning some stuff to my Pinterest boards, "shoe" and "platform shoe", the other day and  couldn't help noticing how similar so many shoes look to each other. Some of them are practically identical and it's not because they are what are being called knockoffs, which is a term that seems to be reserved for the highest end of the fashion spectrum.

Here's an example:
 OK, so on the top we've got a Steve Madden platform, very nice. Next we've got a thick heel platform sandal from a company I'm going to talk about in a little bit. And last but not least another platform sandal, hard to say if it's taller, looks taller to me, must be the sole, from the same place as the one in the middle.
Golly! They are SO similar! The rise on the one at the top and the one at the bottom is the same; it's the thicker sole that makes the one at the bottom look bigger, and I think it is anyway. And these aren't the only shoes that are so close in appearance to each other. I couldn't include every example because there wouldn't be nearly enough room plus it would take far too long a time to compile such a list.
Anyway, I wound up buying numbers 2 and 3; I already have number 1 in beige, so I thought a little change would be in order. Here's where I bought them:
That's number 3, having some trouble getting these web pages to stick, maybe I can get number 2 up some other time. Anyway, the company's, Chateau of Couture, website is a teensy bit hard to understand so I had to send them an email, and low and behold they answered back! Which is very uncommon in this day and age, and not only that they were very helpful. I'm not going to say what currency 250 is, just let me say it was still expensive for me. Yet, for 250 of anything, these babies were a super bargain for the style and the "quality of workmanship" as they call it.
I also bought a pair of terrific boots from the same place, check these beauties out:
For 450 - 450 something - these boots were quite the bargain. They are totally gorgeous and feel incredibly luxurious. I wore these boots to the MSU v. Michigan game. Sorry no pics...yet. Stay tuned, I have a special surprise about that game that I know you will not want to miss. Very happy with my purchase and I think I'll buy some of the other styles when I have enough bread.
Addendum Oh, yeah, one last thing. they're probably moderately cheap because maybe they're having trouble selling them. That's the only thing I can think of.
I hope you appreciate this look into my shopping world, it took me 2 hours to get this stuff up on the web. And, I hope your shopping experiences are as satisfying too.
Incidentally, doesn't the Chateau of Couture website look a lot like some other websites? I'm reminded of matches fashion or maybe shoebizz, weird.

Don't forget to like my contest sets on Polyvore if you get the chance, please! I need your help!

Catchya later.
Ciao.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment