Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Most of my posts have been about clothes, shoes, and boots. Yeah, shoes and boots, that's the ticket. Today's post is going to be different because today I'm going to write about beauty, makeup specifically. This idea originated when I was on Pinterest the other day and a pin about Covergirl's Lavalicious lip products caught my eye so much that I followed the link back to Covergirl's official website. Now, normally I don't visit manufacturer's websites because the prices for the manufacturer's goods are usually more than the price for the same product in a retail store. This time I wanted to learn more about this Lavalicious stuff and  was disappointed to find little about it. What I did find was this:
Covergirl's Virtual Makeup Studio. This is so cool! I'll run you through the whole thing.
So in the photo above what we've got is the opening page, and you can upload your own photo or use the examples on the right hand side. After this page you decide if your face is in frame, if your eyes, mouth etc. are where their computer can see them. After that, you go to this page:
So you pick where you want to start, which is foundation in real life, which is where I started. Next:
There is a list of products and the one I picked was Outlast Stay Stable 3 in 1 Soft Sable 865, because I putting on makeup can be a royal pain and 3 in 1 has the foundation, powder, and concealer all in one. I picked Soft Sable because for this look I was expecting to be a little tanned. You'll notice at the bottom left you can adjust intensity, not sure what that is yet had it on full blast, and coverage.
I wasn't happy yet with this look and normally I don't even use concealer, but for here I picked out this from the concealer lists:
Looking good! Now for the all important blush:
Got a whole bunch of choices there. Now, to have high cheekbones or not to have high cheekbones, that is the question. I'm perfectly happy with mine a la natural, thank you very much - actually sometimes I like them looking a teensy bit taller - so...I picked flush coverage. Moving on, time for eyeshadow, very, very important:
Got choices? Here you go. Intensity - still not clear on the concept - is very important: you can go from good to bad literally with a flick of the slider. Good thing here is that you can pick your coverage too. Bad thing is that the first time I tried the program I was able to mix and match different shadows for some pretty cool effects. For this session, I was stuck with only one, yep change from one to the other, the other disappears. I was very disappointed. Anyway, I picked Eye Enhancers 4 kit Sugar Coated, max intensity, overall coverage. Next up: eyeliner:
You can see what I'm doing here, and my final choice was Bombshell Intensity max intensity - what is that? - full, all over coverage Chocolate Kiss. Almost done here, one last thing for the eyes: mascara!
Didn't want to over do it, so my final choice was Bombshell Volume by Lash Blast, full intensity - what the? - black, top and bottom. After all this, I thought to myself "Hmm, Naomi maybe a different blush?" So back I go:
I picked a Bronzer, tan? Capieche? Now for the fun stuff: lipstick. Let me say just one thing, all my makeup years I've stuck to the safe harbor of reds, not venturing into the scary world of unknown, daring colors. The reason is I love Charlotte Tilsbury's products and they are too expensive to mess around with. Imagine my joy when I could see what new, exciting, vibrant colors could do for my look. Well, here goes nothing, literally: (quick note: sorry had to publish early, darn thing wasn't accepting my photos)

Well, it looks like the fun train has come to a schreeching halt. I'm going to call this: "Part One"
the next post is "Part Two"












No comments:

Post a Comment