Thursday, November 5, 2015

Anne Hathaway Halloween Costume

There have been a few times when my mother was upset about some of the outfits I've worn. This Halloween it was a little different. My mother really liked my Halloween outfit.
Now, the votes are in, so what did I wear? No offense, and I don't want to disappoint anyone, and this will come as a surprise: I dressed up as Awards Show Anne Hathaway. I know you're probably disappointed because all of the votes were for Anne Hathaway Princess Diaries before. Even though the Princess Diaries is my favorite movie, I simply couldn't pull the Princess Diaries before look together. I don't know why I included it on the list, I'd much rather be Anne Hathaway Princess Diaries After, anyway. True, Awards Show Anne Hathaway wasn't even on the poll list, but you know about the Google+ polls: only 5 or so categories, the whole jazz, and Anne has so many great looks, especially for Halloween; what a variety.
So here it is, Awards Show Anne Hathaway
So what do you think? I was thinking about one of the ball gowns Anne usually, or at least used to, wear; too darn expensive. There are cheap dresses for sale, some of which looked pretty close to Anne's Prada or Valentino dresses, they still looked, I don't know, just a little off. Also I didn't want to waste any coupons on something I'd only wear, what? Once? I'm sure the photographers shooting Anne at the Oscars or Cannes try to make her look as good as possible, I've never seen a Prada or Valentino gown in the flesh so I don't know if they're all that great for the $10000 - $20000 they go for.
I got my dress on aliexpress.com:
 This is definitely something Anne might wear, especially now, though I bet she'd find the $2.47 I paid for it embarrassing. You know how I mentioned my mom's thoughts, and how I'd never seen one of theses dresses before, not in a store, not anyone wearing it? That's it: if I went as Anne Hathaway The Dark knight Rises Catwoman my mom would have chewed my ear off, my fellow students: cool. I'm Awards Show Anne Hathaway my mom loves it, my fellow students give me more weird looks than I've ever gotten with any outfit I've ever worn. One of my earlier posts was about how beautiful Anne looks at the awards shows and how I could never pull off wearing one of those gowns to class, I mean , really, how many times have you seen someone in the supermarket shopping wearing a maxi gown? Never!
So I guess Awards Show Anne Hathaway was the right look for Halloween.
Almost forgot: shoes! Made a google+ post so I can't forget these, here you go:
  Gianvito Rossi 17cm pumps - good thing I live near Canada, so I know the metric system - only $10, that's right! Just $10! On aliexpress.com. So my whole outfit was less than buying a costume store Halloween costume. Some had trouble figuring out I was Awards Show Anne Hathaway, they thought I was a billionaress, so maybe the costume store costumes what with their sandwich boards advertising what they are would have come in handy.

 That's it for now. Check back again, cool stuff coming your way, and I hope your Halloween was a lot of fun too. Don't forget to like my sets on Polyvore, THANKS! I need your support.
Catchya later.
Ciao.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment