Saturday, October 28, 2017

Moto Fashion Live

Note: I had promised to put a post about my moto fashion up some time ago, and here it is, finally. Sorry for the delay.

""You're not going to get me on that thing!" I screamed while banging my fists on my boyfriend Steve's chest. My new boyfriend Steve had invited me on a date; transportation was to be via his motorcycle, however, now I had chickened out. The invitation had sounded romantic and enticing at first, plus it would give me a chance to try out my extensive collection of moto garments for real. Now, looking at Steve's squat, low slung Ducati, not so much. " Come on, Naomi" Steve wheedled, "We'll take it slow at first..." "I bet you say that to all the girls" I responded with a playful elbow to his ribs.

Moto fashion. It's a big fashion trend, at least as far as PU/Fake leather jackets and pants go. I've already written a couple posts about it, though not included my daily lifestyle take on it, or at least, not very much. Basically, summing up, moto fashion can be divided into a number of different groups. The first group is clothing designed for and intended to be worn by, people who ride motorcycles. The next two groups are based on the two families of motorcycles available: Harley Davidson/Triumph motorcycles, and BMW/Ducati/Japanese motorcycles. Because of the different types of motorcycles, two different styles of clothing have developed for each motorcycle group. The last moto style fashion group is clothing influenced by one or all of the above groups, but worn mostly for the fashionability of it.
When I received Steve's  invitation I wasn't sure what group he fell under, though I had an idea from his own clothing style. I played it safe and mixed things up a little.
First off, moto pants:


Bodycon to the max PU pants. These pants don't just hug the body, they're so tight they shape it a wee bit. Fortunately, the PU stretches more than real leather, so they aren't a pain in the toockus - literally - to wear.
Next up a pair of moto boots:
The platform and stiletto might not be the most practical, though the over the knee style might come in handy.
Finishing my outfit off, a PU bralette, gauntlet moto gloves, and a fake leather baker boy hat.
So. We took it slow at first, as Steve had suggested: a couple slow loops around the MSU dorm garage. Then, Steve wanted me to try his cycle solo, why, I don't know: I didn't have the attachment to my license to legally ride on my own, so what was I going to do? Steve explained that maybe I'd feel more comfortable. Fortunately, I did not ruin his expensive Italian bike:
Lessons over, we head out for our destination: Mexican Town in Detroit. Steve had already become acquainted with my fondness for Quesadillas, so, thoughtful him, he was looking out for me. What a sweetheart!
 The first part of our 45 minute was fun, a little scary, since it took only 45 minutes (if you know what I mean), but fun: hugging Steve's muscular back, the wind, the noise, the not usual vibration; it was something new. About half way through the trip, it started to get old, as fast as Steve was driving. Riding perched on the rear fender, in these  ultra tight moto pants, well, pain in the toockus was all I could think of. Still, once we reached our destination, I had to compliment Steve on the exhilarating ride.

We had a lovely romantic evening, though the quesadillas weren't especially to my liking. No matter, it was being with my new friend that counted most. Plus, got some cool looking fashion shots in, too.
Steve had sensed my discomfort riding on his bike, and after dinner, he suggested a couple stops alternate to the long trip back to East Lansing. It was getting too complicated, plus, since my car was still at MSU, I'd have to take the bus back from Detroit, so I said I'd manage. Sweet Steve made a couple other suggestions, but, no problemo, was my response, and back on the back of his bike, back to MSU we went.
So. There you go. Moto fashion outside of the closet. I've got a few more moto fashion styles I've explored, so look for those in the recent future. Well, guess that's it for today. If you've got a cycle, or ride on a friend's, make sure to get a few rides in before the weather turns frigid.
Catchya later.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment