Saturday, January 27, 2018

I had a real fashion dilemma: my boyfriend Steve invited me out; transportation was via his psychedelic painted chopper. So what to wear? Well...I'd done the boho thing, and you've seen me do the moto thing, now, is it possible the twain could somehow meet? Sure,  I thought to myself, recalling a rerun episode of the ole TV show, 'Lost in Space'. 'Lost in Space'? What's that got to do with it? Here I'll show you what came to mind:

The Robinson family encounter this group of space based bikers. The original TV show 'Lost in Space', was created in the '60's, and somehow these biker dudes seemed a wee bit like hippies to me. It must have been the way they talked: all of the "man" and "groovy" and "chic" stuff had that '60's era ring to my ears. Plus, their clothes. Sure they wear the silvery, metallicish pants or jackets that seem ubiquitous to the 'Lost in Space' world, then again, they also wear fringed suede vests or even fur vests.
Of course, that doesn't make them hippies, nor the lingo, check this out:
Biker gang movies from the '60's talked the same talk, and walked almost the same walk, just no silver metallic rave-nish pants, helmets or jackets. Probably Irwin Allen was thinking about 'Born Losers' more than hippies, though I get the feeling he equates the two together.
Anyway, that's the source of my inspiration. Now, I wrote the post about moto fashion, did the sum up of Polyvore motohippy sets, now it's time to show motohippy in action.
First off what'd be a good, shall we say, foundation for the whole look? Probably these boots:
Hornos, advertised made in the good ole USA, says made in Mexico on the soles; not that made in Mexico is necessarily a bad thing for thigh high boots. Hand made, too. Though they don't look it. Whatever. Seemed like the best place to start, what with the cool color scheme.
So. Here's how it all turned out:


Certainly, the boots blend well with the jacket. And. That psychedelic painted Harley Davidsonish hog. Fortunately, it's a twin seat; much more comfortable riding it. 
Here's the outfit without the jacket:

We took a long, long ride. Started in East Lansing, had lunch in Royal Oaks (vegetarian, yet), made a quick stop in the ole Big D, then out to Kalamazoo to this yuppieish/hipsterish coffee shop for a cup of joe. Then: back to East Lansing. Wehhh! 
No animals were harmed in this outfit: everything's PU, or maybe the boots aren't: don't want to subject them to the burn test. Course, the bralet and scarf aren't PU; they don't really count.
So. That's the motohippy thang. Or at least one look of it. I'm planning more explorations into the realm of moto, so look out for those.
Hope you enjoyed this one, and, you have a good one.
Catchya later.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment